Friday, May 6, 2011

Let summer begin!

Summer is officially here. Ah....sweet victory. Or so. I did well in two classes but we don't talk about the dreaded 3rd that I probably should have dropped. :e. Let's move on regardless!

Today I've been cruising through looking for some fabrics for a new project (old idea though) that I want to start doing. A friend of mine just had a baby and I want to make her a really nice blanket for the nursery. I should have been working on this probably in January but I really don't like risking things in a semester that was hell.  Tomorrow when I end up being in my hometown with my parents, I am going to take some time to go through a fabric shop thats there and maybe a few of the antique stores to see if they have any china that I can't live without. I've started picking up things that I really want to have in a house in the future. Soon I wont have a roommate and I can enjoy a few of my expensive glass pieces without them being thrown across the room like a football. Thank god for superglue, even though I don't think I'm being selfish when I say there's a reason I have nice things and no children. Note: put away all glassware before leaving tonight. Yesterday I was piecing together what I wanted to make into a quilt for me. I have so many ideas swarming through my head that I don't even know where to store them! I want to start looking into clothes to make because it looks fun and I want to finish up all the tiny projects I have here and there. I just have to stop being so lazy busy otherwise. Sometimes, I wish work wasn't such a requirement in my life. It happens. One day I can change that. For now I just use my crafty ideas as good daydreaming material and motivation to get home.  Now it's off to work to see if I can sneak out early somewhat....by early i mean by 7 pm tonight. I really would like to go home to see my parents and enjoy it.

~Mis. Fit

No comments:

Post a Comment