Monday, March 14, 2011

Wedding Etiquette

 I think people should understand a few things about weddings and maybe what to wear to them. At age 25, I have seen a bit too much error from my generation. I mean, you worry about what your great aunt terry is going to wear or say, or which one of your friends she will try to take home, but what about your actual friends?
For example, you get the invitation. Its beautiful. Its done in calligraphy with creams and satins lining the letters. Chances are this is a formal event. Don't dress like a hooker. It's that simple. Its spring. Hot pink tube top that cuts short right under your ass is not going to make Grandma of the Bride want to say anything nice to you other than giving you the stinky face.  Wearing the sapphire necklace to anty up your status on class didn't really help either. Didn't anyone tell you if you wear strapless you play up your ears? Not bog down your neck. It makes you look like you are over compensating and still brings the attention down to your chest regardless.
With thats said, I love the sapphire necklace, but not with hot pink. It looked weird. Im not a fashion diva either! So maybe I have this incorrect, but I am pretty sure what I said above is a wedding no no. Also a wedding no no is to talk to half the wedding about how you fucked the groom. We know. We were there. Half of us saw it. But let's not go too far back into memories dear. Because I'm sure if I search my drive hard enough I'll find those pictures that make me cringe that involve you. Particularly don't talk to the bride's father about it. He probably just thinks you are a pony ride now.
Men. Oh men men men. You are another story entirely. Jeans? Cargo shorts and a polo? What are you a fraternity boy going to your first bar? Negative. Don't do it. I don't care if the groom said beach casual.  It's honestly not his day. He would let you show up with a case of beer in your whitey tighties im sure. Therefore, when in doubt men, ask a wife, girlfriend with brains, the bridemaids, or even the bride if you DARE or are close enough to her to be able to ask. And do it atleast a week before if you choose the bride.
Yesterday was an amazing wedding. Im just glad theres no one that i know from the wedding that will ever find my blog. Because Im probably offensive with all my mean channelling. But now you know.
Dont look like a hooker with too much bling, and dont look like you are going to a kids soccer game.
That simple.

~Mis. Fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment