Monday, May 30, 2011

The inner turmoils of engagement

No one ever says you have to truly meet eye to eye with another person in order to love them unconditionally. As much as I really don't want to even admit it, I do love my sister. Even when she is being the biggest brat I've could ever meet at 26 years old. But when I'm sometimes in public, I see people that make me think even she has way too much class to be classified like that. Currently, my eye to eye opinions aren't going so well. Why wouldn't they, they're not situations easy to handle! My main one wanting to discuss maybe becoming foster parents with my fiance. It goes from introduction to immediately shooed under the rug. It's starting to mean a lot to me because I am thinking of other options to children other than just having "oopsy" one and two. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying I don't want to have my own children, because I do and I can selfishly say I'd like to have a copy of me someday no matter how much it'll make me bang my head into a wall, but what I'm also saying is that I would like to atleast give other kids the option of having a comfortable place to be, someone that will answer their questions, someone else to play in the pool with, or have a temper tantrum at. Why? Because some kids just don't get that. While I don't know if just being a foster is enough for some kids, considering the bouncing around is what upsets them the most, I want to be able to help.
I also wouldn't mind fostering dogs, but thats just a whole other story and involves more space than I probably could ever offer. For that I would like a lovely yard, dog run, and facility in which I could separate and care for them. And you can't certainly lock children in a cage when you are overwhelmed.
The mister and I have been fighting and bickering lately and I can't help but think it's because IM getting cold feet. I paid for my venue, I fell in-love with looking at dresses.......and then he talked about doing a vegas wedding instead. I cried for an hour. over......a wedding choice? What the hell is that? When do I ever do that? I know I cry a lot often for bad days and demand chocolate,  but now I can see where the phrase "bridezilla" comes from. Maybe it's because the overwhelming amount of people that have something rude to say to me at all times, and something like this just really hits home after the umpteenth time of listening to wedding crap you really really don't want to hear. I'd like people to understand this: I may be outspoken and loud, but I actually take my relationship with my mister very seriously. So what if I am super shy about talking about my wedding things to you or skate the issue about it. It's probably because in my head I'm still thinking "holy shit, someone actually wants to be stuck with me for the rest of his life, even with me farting in bed or have a turrets moment in public, lucky me!" It's a big fucking deal and quite frankly, I'm savoring the moment for however long I want. (or can legally before save the dates go out.) I also don't really need any advice unless I specifically ask you for it. I'm pretty straight forward. But if you make me stand there and listen to your absurdness, I will start to just make up shit to go along with you. It's a terrible habit. It got me many a drink at a bar when I was younger and I always feel guilty for duping someone in a non drunk situation when I catch myself doing it. Consider it me "spicing up life" when I do it and not just being an asshole. (sorry to every coworker but one. Hell + me = eternity for it.) Deal? deal. No wedding stuff this week. I'm burnt out on it and have chosen to just talk to those that really want to participate in it. Not those looking to score a free meal, because boy am I going to be working for the next year to ensure that free meal!
But all joking aside, wedding planning isn't bad at all unless people sneak a way into your head and try to ruin it. There's no need for that. And offbeatbride.com is an AWESOME place to see offbeat weddings and learn some cool tricks!
This weekend has been easy and hell all the at the same time. At the moment I am nursing a headache, making cinnamon rolls from scratch, and reading a book that I can't seem to put down. I also ran a mile this morning in my shoes at a time that I didn't think was correct but the mister deems it so. My calves hate me. I am only worried as to what tomorrow will bring when I run again. Wednesday, I'll switch it up and do weights/elliptical/erging and let me tell you....I'm jones'n for that (woo. see?) So much for that Bio all weekend eh? Ill just study after dinner and all night tomorrow.
Cheers!
 ~Mis. Fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment