Sunday, April 10, 2011

What a morning...

My parent's were deadheads. I can admit. I truly admire it. You can only imagine what it was like to grow up as me. I loved my childhood with them and only get extremely sad thinking that I probably wont get to see them in that innocent light again. Not saying that I see my parents in a different light, but now that I'm older I hear "scarlet begonias" and I instantly know its about drugs when before I just thought it was a light, lovely song. The only reason I bring it up in light detail is because someday maybe I could say more after puzzle pieces are put together. Like the time I took them to the Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria and they looked at eachother and said "Oh, we had all of these posters at one point from the Dead" and then started laughing at some inside joke they must have (or memory). Seeing that in my parents is rare. Im not saying that my parents are extremely old, secretive, or different. Im just saying when you have children, you change. Not a bad change but you change. There are things that no one else will obviously know about you and your life, what you had with your significant other. I like that little opening I get to see sometimes. The little hint I get that my parents were oh-so-rebellious. Like how my mother once said that the only way to really experience a true american feeling is to partake in a protest. 
Anywho, I guess I won't reminisce too long. It does make me laugh because I may be the most observant out of my siblings. I like hanging on to memories and such. The reason I even brought up the deadheads was because of something my mom said at dinner last friday with wedding things that we laughed at and then just pushed aside. But then, this friday, I thought about it and started to really think about it. She said "your first dance with your dad should be a grateful dead song". It should! There's no other way to really send tribute to my father and his love for music that I now love and listen to all the time. So does mister...so it was just easy to groove right into this relationship. Plus, I don't have to worry about having the same cliche, "I loved her first" or "my little girl" country song that normally you hear at weddings. So on with the search for a fun, funky old school dance song I can have with my father. One that won't bring too many tears because for some reason, my dad learned how to be reaaaaaalllly sentimental lately and brings out the tears. 

Off for a home cooked breakfast and homework session!

~Mis. Fit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment