Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The boring science life

I have to admit it. Being a "scientist" really isn't all it's cracked up to be. You sit in a room with no windows, staring at water and glass pieces, get dirty, and then lay awake at night wondering if you have cancer. (marie curie I'm sorry that I don't want to follow in your footsteps, you found out about X-rays the hard way and it so was not worth a Nobel prize after death.) Last night all I could dream about was our radiation filled oceans, and my friends currently finding japanese trash on their beaches to pick up. They are so nice as to pick up the trash which honestly, even in florida we have people not picking up their own, let alone tsunami washed away trash from another country. It's like the world just became one giant science project and the next couple years we are just going to have to watch and see what happens to people. At this point, what the fuck am I doing? I'm 25, and I'm not inlove with my career or my schooling. I feel the need to get rid of both but that's saved on the back burner for another day. I'm just saying. I don't love them, and it's not like at this moment it's getting me anywhere. I lie though. Because my resume is looking pretty sexy in the nerd world. I just can't shake the feeling that I go comatose for more than a few hours a day because I don't enjoy it. Maybe one day I'll find something I'm head over heels for and that I don't have to force myself to start doing.

This weekend is my big cake order! Spot in the fridge is already reserved for some of the pieces and I start fondant tomorrow night. Cake pieces themselves will be baked and possibly molded on Thursday, and friday night will be the big assembly!  Wahoo! It makes me really nervous though. Can I do it?


~Mis. Fit.

2 comments:

  1. Let's go skydiving!...or bull riding!...that ought to shake things up a bit :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo bullriding sounds fun! But im already so rickety....lol

    ReplyDelete