Monday, March 28, 2011

Advice comes in just when you don't really want or need it.

Isn't that funny about advice? Everyone has it. Even if you don't want it, they are going to toss it your way anyway....or sometimes shove it down your throat gracefully.
I won't say I don't love being engaged. Because I LOVE being engaged. I am with the best guy I could ever find, and thankfully didn't have to do more than bump into him on the street for sparks to fly between us. Some call it love at first sight, we just call it good chemistry.  Loving him is the absolute easiest thing for me ever. It's even easier than breathing. Honestly.
Here's the part that I knew was going to be hard. "whens the date?" "babies now?" "How do you not know what you are going to wear/have it/what your budget is?"
Can I ask a broad naive question. How in the HELL did other couples know all of this? Did mister buy me a ring that didn't have that chip in it that instantly connects to my nerves, and shoots the answers to my brain for instant replay? Maybe it's just me, but I really do like relaxing back in the glow of "oooo, someone actually wants to marrrrry meeeeeee!" and not worrying so much about when we tie the knot.  I admit it. I was never the girl planning my wedding in highschool. I was coordinating what my CEO outfit would look like on my first press conference day in the business world. I was wondering what pair of shoes I would buy with my first paycheck I would get to blow on solely nothing else but shoes.  Contrary to what my sister thinks (which apparently is a ton of things in her little world) I was not the child in pink waiting for marriage and babies. I was the kid wanting my tubes tied when I was 18 and I wanted to conquer the world with my pinky finger. I didn't need a man as far as I was concerned. Years later, and many broken and resewn together hearts later I was thinking the same thing. Then came my charming, in all his green and redsox glory (first thought: ugh a redsox fan?) and I'm more than hooked. He could've given me a paper ring he made out of a straw wrapper and I would have said yes just as quickly.
I've had more advice thrown at me about weddings than I think anything else. It's a bit overwhelming. Everyone assumes you are looking at wedding things and becoming a bridezilla. I guess the only thing I'll be bridezilla about is people demanding i get to it already. I have time and I shall take it. It is afterall...my party, my day right?

Speaking of which. I think I shall start posting a picture a week on the most hideous things that I find about weddings. My MOH and I have been dying of laughter on breaks from studying. We may have taken an immature approach....we search for "most obnoxious weddings" instead of "ballgown white wedding dress" like we should be. So what? Our Arbor mist bottles and dixie cups say thats okay.

~Mis. Fit

No comments:

Post a Comment