Sunday, December 8, 2013

Catching up

The confines of my bedroom is where I lay, but with sleeping baby on my chest. Her weekend was a little jammed so today is hers to catch up. 
A Christmas parade last night in my parents town was on her to do list, and while I thought she'd sleep right through it, she actually enjoyed being awake for the lights,sirens and all other crazy noises associated. It was nice to go to it again. You forget what it's like to do little town things when you live in big city debacle. Now that I'm back to work I feel like I am holding my breath the minute I set her down at daycare until the minute I pick her up. It's awful. Working is crucial though for the financial situation. The bills are stacking and it's going to take a while to get them all paid off. I know insurance helped, but it didn't feel like it at all. And now that there is three of us it feels like that's going to take half my paycheck "just in case" I need to see doctor.. The premiums and deductibles are so high is not worth it,but since there's madness in healthcare reform, we do what we have to to escape being slapped by the man. It's the same with car insurance. Every year it's rising to the point of unbearable. We might as well be playing bumper cars.
You wouldn't believe it but we are the safest drivers I know. No tickets no accidents....so what's with the rise? 
Every time I feel myself get flustered about money, I look at baby.
She's so sweet and loving. She has no idea on the cruel green that's making the world go round right now. It's my job to make sure she won't have to know prematurely. It's a tough job, and if I have to switch to a closer job in town versus where I am now then so be it. 
This really is my heart sitting outside my chest. She gives me a new sense of purpose.


No comments:

Post a Comment