Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Sick Life

Sick babies are no fun. At all. That is probably obvious but dealing with a sick baby tends to be a lot harder than it looks. You have no idea of whats reaaaaallly wrong with them,  you're just trying to make educated guesses all over the place. It's almost like grasping at the fine little eyelashes you want to pull and instead you miss until next thing you know, you've been standing in front of the mirror borderline poking yourself in the eye for an hour. Miss Kiwi has the stomach bug. She projectile vomited on me yesterday morning before work and from the manner in which i fed her, I figured it was either too early for her to be eating, or I was doing something wrong. Nonetheless, I let the daycare owner know she threw up and to call me if there are problems. That lady is sweet....yet she never called even though she threw up once more and possibly had a blow out the other end. Coming home I took her temperature and just have been coddling her since. I'm a new mom! What the hell am I supposed to do? Suck it up comments and feelings only apply to my husband when he is sick. (And boy am I a total bitch when he is..)
Considering she just went down for a nap, I decided to get a hold on the chaos in our house....which really means just putz around while i listen to her noises and worry about if I need to be checking on her or not. I love having a baby, I love her being a baby, but I wont miss the amount of worry that's going in to just making sure shes breathing. I feel like I am over thinking how much I need to check on her. I know its from certain issues that have happened into the past with people that I know, but still. I can't control many things that could happen but wrapping my brain around it isn't happening. Maybe one day that will finally click together. I wont get anything done if I just sit here holding my breath.
Since I haven't been on here in over three months, a fabric update is due. I received seven, SEVEN, bins of lovely fabrics. Most are Japanese or a southwest style but now they are ALL MINE. I cant wait to use them but again, frozen with what ideas I should be using them for. Im currently 4 days away from a baby shower that I need to finish making things for, a jacket for a wedding in April is in need of its sleeves and final touches, and of course that blanket that was supposed to be a Christmas gift is still not done and sitting in its box to be finished. I need to stop sweating and start moving! I did make a pot holder prototype and an apron prototype. Finding the time between wanting to see everything Kiwi experiences and the dreadful 11 hours I spend away at work or in traffic makes it kind of difficult. Transitioning to those 11 hours being here at home and sewing is a lot harder than i thought. I still haven't been able to like the banner i was working on, and may need to ask my husband for his opinion/help. Tomorrow is a craft night that I would like to get back up and running. My craft buddies have turned more into couch potatoes but who am I to talk!?!?

~M.

No comments:

Post a Comment