Monday, August 25, 2014

The Parent Trap

I believe I have been caught up in what I can now deem "The Parent Trap". What I mean by this may not make sense to those that do not have children, in fact, those that say things like "youre life is over once you have kids", you need to just click elsewhere and move on, because no they don't, they just really make you question what your life WAS or what you wanted. For example, I feel like fucking dog shit right now. I thought I was dying last night and feel only a step up from that feeling today. But last night, I spent an hour standing and smiling like a doofus just so my daughter would go to sleep with those good vibes. Quite frankly, I don't do that shit for anyone, not even my husband could get that kind of treatment from me let alone on such terrible terms but there comes a time in each parents' day where they can't do it anymore and since he had TWO gremlins to take care of....he needed a break. The reason I say trap is because there will be a moment between all the juggling in which you are TRAPPED. Its that moment when you just really need to run to the bathroom or do something real quick.....but know it wont be. That's the parent trap.
Right now, I just made banana bread. It took me as long as the prep time said it would...this time. Next time i try it..double it. I don't really think its ever the child's fault either. They are too cute, too crazy, too caught up in being a kid to intentionally make everything harder. Breakfast takes longer in my house and I love it. I love watching K roll around the house eating a waffle and a banana and potentially feeding more to the dogs but she sings, and plays, and comes up to feed me. And I love this parent trap I am in.

No comments:

Post a Comment