Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Cowboy boots

For Christmas my husband bought me cowboy boots. It's now march and I can fully say that I have come to daydream about when to wear them. I grew up in a small town where normally skinny jeans and cowboy boots were accompanied by an oversized camo jacket and quite possibly a dip cup. What am I doing? I spent my entire life avoiding them and now I can't live without them. It's Florida, but it was super cold today. It's just easier to put on socks and slip on these bad boys.
I feel so......country and I like it. I just installed the girl size compost in the back (recycled a decrepit hamper) and I felt so powerful shoveling dirt, leaves and gross kitchen leavin's into it while wearing my kick ass boots. But don't tell my husband I was gardening in them. He wants me to wear them with daisy dukes and a bikini top...

My cupcakes the other day disappointed me. I knew it. I jinxed myself when I called myself the badass of the kitchen. They were sugar cookie cupcakes which tasted great, I just didn't like the consistency personally. You win, some you lose some.
In this case you give them all away to your friends and say its because "you couldn't bear to eat them all".

I'm off to actually start cleaning. We have a room to start converting and I better do it before my stomach gets too big !
~M


No comments:

Post a Comment