Sunday, February 5, 2012

Some time around midnight

is when Mr. G walked in the door. Its a little unnerving when you spend a saturday night scrubbing the hell out of a bathroom floor and paint off the floor of your bedroom only to look up and see that as late as it is, you are still alone. I keep telling myself it will be worth it, but it is hard. No, I'm not dealing with life threatening separations like other people I know but it still sucks to know that you have a significant other but he's busy helping everyone else out instead. So what's a girl to do when she wakes up later and snaps at her husband for blaring the bathroom light in her face? I can't help it! I'm so nasty when I'm woken up, and I spent almost the entire day trying to be patient with society (Those people do need jesus) while inwardly dealing with my loneliness so excuse me that the night is the one time I do in fact expect to be left alone.
Picking up my wedding dress was an ordeal I wasn't ready to deal with while hungover for the first time.ever. Either bowling really did a number on me or those pitchers of beer that I was discreetly trying to drink out from under the gentlemen. I thought I could keep up but apparently the slowly weaning process is starting to work. I felt.like.crap. I wasnt hydrated or fed enough to be in the same room as what felt like 200 other brides and 100 prom dress shopping ladies. Not to mention all that damn bell ringing (how come i never rang a bell? Did it really say "get in get out" on my face when I found my dress?), the sobbing grandmothers, and the really irritated bridezillas yelling at the bridesmaids yet again about being more like a bubble and less like a fairie. All I wanted to do was try my dress on and make sure I wasn't rocking a terrible seam somewhere or applique that looked less than par. What did I do? After an hour of waiting and hoping my car wasn't going to be towed-it was that crowded- I finally had a lady that worked there feel like giving me some justice and blocked an employees entrance for me to just look, jump in, check it, and leave. She gave me a quick look over really well too before getting hauled off by another screaming 18 year old with a ring the size of my face and let me run like the dickens to get the hell out. It was so stressful I had to stop and get a McDonald's Hi-C. Yes. Hi-C is my favorite. Orange. But I had to wait for that for 10 minutes too and that made me completely give up on people. Waiting for a fat inducing juice thing. Not the chaos of a wedding store. The irony in it all.

But its not so bad. At the end of the day, I have a white dress, a clean bathroom and the beginnings of a beautifully painted house. I can deal with that long enough to wait around for Mr. G to have some free time for me. All is fair in love and war. Eventually.


~Mis. Fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment