Sunday, January 29, 2012

Little Bungalow in the City

Ah, the house. My lovely, little house. I'm so pleased to finally be done with buying it only to realize that the joys of home ownership can still feel like woes. Seriously. I can't tell you how many times I see a speck of "something" and in my head whistles go off and I think "Shit! IT'S A TERMITE! IT'S A GERMAN COCKROACH!" Really, its a speck of dirt, dust, or even a dog hair floating whimsically through the air.  Go ahead and say it. This girl is crazy. I understand completely.  Its higly likely that I have both of them hanging out somewhere, considering my last house had a total bug problem and we carried over some I'm sure....and that I live in a wood frame house built in the 1920's. That's no reason to frantically jump at random light movement that I see from passing cars.  For now though, besides the headache from trying to find somewhere for everything to go in 3 little closets, I get the headache from feeling like there isnt enough time in my day to stay home and do it all. And should i mention money? Theres no more of that floating around now that there are walls to paint and shelves to make!
~M

No comments:

Post a Comment