Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Stand by me

My original post was not a happy one. I did, however, leave it the way it was for my private eyes so I can remember what the hell I was ranting about. I see that it will not be my last private rant. Wedding planning you see, is a very dark business. A deep, dark, sticky business that makes the newlyweds grab at each others throats and just hate one another. The only reason weddings are dread by men and bamboozled over by women can only be because of what it makes them. Women want perfection, men just don't want to hear about color swatches, boutonnieres, or hairdos anymore than they are going to have to, which coincidently ends up being the rest of their lives or when the diamond goes dull on the tall, dark,and handsome cabana boys' back. Mr. Perfect and I were at each others throats the other day. What you ask? Oh, Im glad you did. On hooooooooow to do Save the Dates. are you kidding? So we haven't even made the super tough choices? Looks like from here on out I will need to start branching out to the ladies and "mums the word" for the boys. No, I'd rather say that venom spewing spat we had to the real fight which will be why we will not be having BBQ (hello white dress, and uh, you forgot the bride hates BBQ? oh she can just eat a salad instead anyway.....) and why we will not be shelling out money for a band that wont play anything other than terrible cover songs that they don't know all the words to.  I can only predict these fights because we were fighting about these probably the month after we started dating. It's a never ending battle about why I never have the urge to eat BBQ ( I think its a man thing) and why sometimes I just don't see the point on hiring cheap middle aged men to wear spandex. I'd pay them NOT to wear it and put something fitting on.
Here's a sneak peek to the save the dates that I was supposed to end up doing myself but turned into a fun coloring/tattoo session...
The variety in all sorts of dress.  Heres to hoping that all this coloring actually looks the way we want it to. It's technically supposed to be an offbeat surprise to our families and friends since the rest is probably going to be minimalist. What can I say? I'm not much for over the top but feel like you can have over the top without piling in the stuff. A simple table dressing with fun and good food should be enough. No one will be allowed to sit anyway. This is a dance fest coming our way, People! I demand it! 

Coloring and cutting the night away,
~ Mis. Fit with a Bridezilla 'tude.

No comments:

Post a Comment