Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Let sleeping babes lie

This saying couldn't be more true right now. I should say that I knew going in to it that having a baby wasn't going to mean I would have all the free time in the world.  I didn't expect to have little to no shower time, or breakfast time.....Yesterday was pretty hellacious as a new mom. I think I cried more than she did and all she had was gas. I blame myself considering she is breastfed. I guzzled way too much lemonade without even considering the consequences of so much acid in my system. I don't even want to think if the acid was just hurting her stomach or burning her on the way out.
Getting used to staying home was a lot harder than I expected for the smallest reasons. I walk in circles a lot, not because my house is a disaster area but because I haven't ever been home for long enough of a span to really just take it in. This is what my house looks like?? The baby is wonderful. If I could just walk away instead of staring at her cute little face all day, I might feel better about it all. It's the constant spinning in my mind that's driving me crazy. I don't want to go back to work but I don't see any way around it financially. So I stare at this cute little creation I have and wonder if she'll get the proper care once I do have to go back to the prison called a cubicle. Will I get different hours to make up for the fact I have to drive so far away? Will they understand when I'm the only one that can pick her up when she is sick because her dad may be traveling? Doubtful in only one area, but if that's the case, tough. I work with ladies that all had children. If they don't remember what it's like then they can fire me over something as minute as that. I never realized that my goals in life could drastically change once I had a baby. It's like I was made to have her. A job is a job is a job. Especially one that makes sure you are dull and uninteresting by the end of the day. My newest goal is to payoff any debt as a whole family we have so that I can spend any waking moment I can with baby K.
The animals have adjusted to baby k but they haven't adjusted to me not wanting them all over me. As I type this I can see every dog and there were all cats in here too. Talk about squeezing into one tiny room! I hate to see the revolt that happens when we aren't here all day!
I have a new project to work on for tonight's craft group. I was given a roll of precut strips to put together to make a quilt. The directions say that it takes an hour but since I only really stay at craft for an hour and a half and usually we don't get going until 8. There's still so many other projects I need to finish too. I need to remind myself to put them in list order and take pictures of the final products. This is where my no time and all the time dilemma comes in. I understand I won't have all the time in the world but the little time I do have should be spent better than wandering around in circles.

No comments:

Post a Comment