Thursday, January 24, 2013

The burning of the uvula

As usual, I'm pretty late to my Sunday posting if I get to it at all. But lets just get to the topic on hand. Anyone realllly know what a uvula is? For those of you that may think its a portion of the vagina, no it is not. It's actually the punching bag in the back of your throat. Congrats to those who knew.... Did you also know you can burn the shit out of it on hot food/coffee/anything? I do now. Let me give you the story.
So wonderful husband and I are out to dinner at this nice little restaurant,laughing and dreaming away. I ordered a seared steak with onions that was given to me upon a hot skillet. Note steaming hot skillet. I light heartedly picked up a scoop of onions and while I was sure I replaced the onions with a scoop of mashed potatoes, I will soon find out I was wrong. I place said fork in my mouth and BAM. My entire throat is instantly closed from the onions being so hot they adhered to my throat. A minute passes by as I politely don't suffocate in public. Hours to by and I forget that I'm incredibly lame and did that. 2 am silently comes along with my abruptly waking up gagging. I'm choking on my throat because my UVULA is twice its size.
I'm a hypochondriac. Let me just say I never remembered the burning incident until 20 minutes after looking up symptoms of allergy attacks on webmd. What did I think I was having a reaction to? Mashed potatoes? Who knows, but I did find out only drunk dumb people burn their uvula.
Don't worry, it healed nicely in 2 days. The mouth is the fastest portion of your body to heal but don't take my word for it...
~M

No comments:

Post a Comment